Loading TrailBehind... please wait.
Internet Explorer loads in about 5 seconds. Firefox, Safari, and Chrome load immediately.
Wyantenock State Forest
- 413.000 meters
iPhone Offline Maps
Buy Topo Map
iPad Marine Charts
Kent Falls State Park
Kent Falls, a state park in the town of Kent, Connecticut, is a series of waterfalls on the Falls Brook,...
Appalachian Trail: CT 341 to CT 4
- A moderate ascent of Calebs Peak and a steep descent off St. Johns Ledges ends with a gentle cruise along...
bsa nov 05
Saint John's Ledges, 5.2-5.10c
Upper slabs Lower wall Upper slabsNamed after Timothy St. Johns, who owned the property in the 1800's,...
Hartford, CT: Mohawk Trail
- Traversing 5.4 miles up and around Coltsfoot Mountain in western Connecticut, this shuttle hike ambles...
Appalachian Trail: CT 4 to West Cornwall Road
- Don't let the mileage fool you. This 4.9-miler packs in two summits, crosses a rushing brook, and provides...
Macedonia Brook State Park
- Camping at the Macedonia Brook State Par...
East Cornwall is a former county constituency in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United...
For the similarly named structure on the RMS Titanic, see Grand Staircase of the TitanicFor the stairs...
Appalachian Trail: West Cornwall Road to US 7
- Ready your camera. This 7.3-miler serves up five-star views of countless peaksâBear Mountain, Mount...
Appalachian Trail in Connecticut (Hoyt Road to CT 341
- Appalachian Trail in Connecticut...
Appalachian Trail: Hoyt Road to CT 341
- This scenic 11.2-miler crisscrosses the New York-Connecticut border three times and rewards hikers with...
Ten Mile River and Hill
- From The Best of the Appalachian Trail Day Hikes page 6...
Appalachian Trail: US 7 to US 44
- Some of the best views of Connecticut can be seen from Rand's Viewâa quiet meadow dotting this 9-mile...
Hartford, CT: Goshen Wildlife Trail
- See birds flock together in the lovely brooks and rich wetlands along this 4-mile out-and-back in the...
Appalachian Trail: NY 22 to Hoyt Road
- The marshlands and wooded swamps on this 6.9-mile leg are home to more than 77 species of birds....
New York City: Hurd Corners to Wiley Shelter via the AT
- Hop off the train and onto a quiet, well-marked trail. Hike as far as 12.2 miles; see deer and turkey,...
Undermountain Trail to Lions Head to Bear Mountain to Sages Ravine
- This 2 day backpacking trip on the CT/MA portion of the Appalachian trail is a good hike for beginning...
Hartford: Bear Mountain Loop
- Tucked into a corner of the Taconic Mountains, this hardy 6.1-mile route hits the state's highest peak....
Undermountain, Appalachian Trail
- Great Day or overnight hike but one hell of an accent/decent of Bear Mountai...
Bear Mountain is the tallest "mountain" entirely within the state of Connecticut, located in Mt. Riga...
Albany: Mount Frissell
- Stand in three states, then summit a wooded peak while passing the highest hill in Connecticut on this...
Loop from Mount Washington Road, Bear Mountain
- The parking area is located a couple hundred feet south of the Massachusetts border on Mount Washington...
Mount Frissell (Southwest Shoulder)
Mt. Frissells southwest shoulder is the highest point in Connecticut at 2,380 feet above sea level....
Southern Taconic Range
Mount Everett north from Mount Race Eastern S. Taconic Plateau from Prospect MountainThe oval shaped...
Appalachian Trail: CT 41 to Jug End Road
- Rocky and rugged, this 15.9-mile trek travels through two states, crests the tallest peak in Connecticut,...
New York City: Hurd Corners to Morgan Stewart Shelter via the AT
- A massive oak, a sprawling wetland, an atomic lake-this classic weekend trip packs it all into a 19.2-mile...
New York City: Alander Mountain
- Tag three mountains, including the highest point in Connecticut, on this 12.1-mile hike in Mt. Washington...
Mount Race and Everett
- This hike will take to two peaks along the Appalachian Trail in the Berkshire mountains of Massachusetts.From...
Boston: Alander Mountain Loop
- Head up to a ridge overlooking the Hudson Valley and Catskills, and return through beaver and berry country....
Buried in the southwest corner of Massachussetts, hidden in the Berkshires, lies Alander Mountain. It...
Springfield, MA: Mounts Everett and Race via Appalachian Trail
- Connect the tops of two Berkshire peaks and catch views into three states on this 4.4-mile out-and-back...
Appalachian Trail: NY 52 to NY 22
- This 13.3-miler is loaded with interesting points: the massive Dover Oak, a trailside railroad station,...
Hidden in the southwest corner of Massachussetts lies Mount Everett. Mount Everett is nestled within...